A Taste of Galway


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway
January 12th 2015
Published: January 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - After catching up on some much needed sleep, we explored the city for a bit! We went shopping at Dunnes Stores which was described to us as the equivalent of Walmart or Target, but felt much more like I was shopping at Macy's and its Home Store with an attached grocery section. Everything here is reasonably priced and doesn't seem to expensive yet. We also went to a few other stores in the area to get various things. That night Caitlin, Emily, two other girls from our apartment complex, and I went to the Shop Street area for dinner. We ended up at the Quay's which is one of Galway's many many pubs. We all tried our first Guinness and some Irish food, including Irish stew. We also learned that eating out is VERY expensive and it is more college budget friendly to eat at home. Since that night I have also been to King's Head Tavern which features Irish music and very good food, as well as Taafe's Pub which had music as well. On Thursday and Friday I had an orientation for international students at the university (National University of Ireland at Galway - NUIG) which is about a 15 minute walk from my apartment. The campus is very nice but is still confusing to orient myself with. However, most people here are friendly and can help guide you in the direction that you need to go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb