DAY 2 Tour of Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway
September 10th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started our tour by heading into Dublin city and were shown lots of the landmarks including statues that represented the great 4 year famine of Ireland from 1845 to 1849. We then had a tour through the elegant state rooms of Dublin castle . That night we went to the Merry Ploughboy pub for a great Irish dinner and a show of traditional irish songs and irish dancing.

The following morning we had a good irish breakfast before heading south out of Dublin. We travelled through the Irish countryside showing many mixed farms and some history of towers and other remnants of Irish history seeing the rock of cashel a stately church of the past. Next we travelled on to Cork to the village of Blarney to see the castle and the Blarney stone. Carol braved the 100 plus steep and winding steps to take pitcures of other people in various positions of contorsion trying to kiss the Blarney stone (YUK! germs) while Wal braved the hostile and dangerious environment to seek a very refreshing Irish Ale. We then travelled further south into County Kerry and to our hotel in Killarney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb