An Irish Wedding


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway
January 21st 2006
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I have heard stories about Irish weddings and how no American wedding could ever compare and after experiencing one, I can say that is true. The wedding had an early start at 12:30 though we had a late start getting to the church at 1:30 just in time for another hour of the ceremony. Being that it was cold and rainy, we had to go to the pub and being that we were in a pub, we had to have a drink to start off the whole rest of the night. After a few hot whiskeys, we headed to the hotel for some food and endless dancing. The meal was amazing with so much food and wonderful toast to the groom and bride. Now for the band to play...since my shoes weren't really staying on, I had to take them off ending in a few bruises on the feet. We danced and drank and danced. Half of the dancing was Irish, which I just seemed to make up and go along with the crowd. Sitting down for a rest we saw one guy go up to the bar and completely fall over; later on another lad did the same thing. Now after the meal more guests are invited to join the party and no one leaves until the very end. By 12 a.m. we had sandwiches and the band left and the DJ came on. Now for more dancing, which Joe and I did a wonderful representation of Sandy and Danny in Grease. By this time, the shots were flowing--baby Guinness’s for everyone!! Finally at 3 a.m. the DJ stopped and everyone was still ready for what was going to happen next. Well, we ended up going home but I am sure the party still continued somewhere...an Irish wedding is an early start and a late ending with lots of food, drinking and dancing.

Here are few more pictures of a 12 K mountain hike we did in Donegal and few other Irish pics...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Thatched HouseThatched House
Thatched House

We stayed in a 200 year old thatched house where the only heating was a turf fire


Tot: 0.438s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 21; qc: 90; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb