Leaving Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
January 23rd 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Before heading off we decided to have a couple of get togethers to try and say goodbye to as many as possible. To be honest, it was mainly a family affair and looking back there are lots of people we didn’t get to say a proper goodbye to but sure it’s only a short time!



On Friday night thanks to Mammy and Daddy we had a late night early morning party in Conlin Road. After the sad day in Killybegs that was Friday and all the happenings locally last week, it was lovely to see people for a positive reason. Thanks to all who could make it – it meant a lot to us. Some photo highlights included for you all to have a look.



On Saturday night, Jean made such an effort and put on an almighty banquet in Bruckless! After the late night on Friday night and the all-day drinking we all managed to stuff ourselves. Gary also managed to hit on Jean for the whole night – we can only apologise for that boy!! The boys (Gary, Sean, John, and Daniel) headed to Mary Murrin’s for a few at about 12.30am and to be honest the rest of us were wrecked, I was in bed by 2am feeling apprehensive about the days ahead!



Sunday was a strange day, what with the final pack (I have 15kgs, John about 13kgs) and putting away of the final bits and pieces into the attic, it all seemed rushed. I had Roisin and Lorraine scavenging in the final moments for shoes and the like – nearly sure they are delighted we are going just for those extra heels and boots they managed to pick up. Sad farewells in Bruckless were next, trying to keep it together as tears flowed wasn’t easy but it’s only for a wee while! The bus to Dublin was a bit weird after saying goodbye 😞



Sunday night we stayed with Niamh and had a lovely evening drinking wine (3 and half bottles between her and I, oops) and catching up. Early enough night still for us and we were in bed by 12 although it felt like 4am with all the alcohol – Bonus!



As I write this, we are sitting in Terminal 2, Dublin Airport – nearly leaving Irish shores for 6 months. Niamh has just text to say it’s all about making the memories (I know Lorraine, I’m being extra Cheesy now) but Niamh is right!! So here goes…



We will miss you all but hopefully we will have lots to share with you while we are away and when we return.



Love Ciara x


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



24th January 2012

Good luck!
Best of luck Ciara and John on your travels. I know you will both have a fantastic time and I'm looking forward to the next instalment in your blog. Xxx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb