Ireland with Kerry


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
August 18th 2019
Published: August 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Flying into Dublin proved to be full of the luck of the Irish... duh...I knew that my husband’s first name ”Kerry” would surely give us some leverage. Our first hurtle came when our booked flight was delayed and it looked like we were not going to arrive in Atlanta in time to catch our connecting flight. Enter Okeimo (a kind African Delta Airlines attendant), he was able to quickly get us onto a different flight at the gate, already boarding ... whew! AND... he found Kerry’s checked bag and rerouted it too!

Once in Atlanta, our scheduled departure was about two hours off because the plane didn’t have anyone to clean it... so we waited, and met a nice couple - John and Margaret O’Connor who was returning from visiting family in LA - John, an artist (he drew me a quick self portrait) and Mary, a school teacher were great to talk with as we waited and gave us some great travel tips.

At last we were on our way, and the flight over was pretty uneventful until we touched down... and then went back up... and then touched down... and then went back up...? and then the pilot announced we would try it again and we hit around ten thousand feet and then he dipped in and landed the second time .. in a good way... whew... the luck of the Irish I‘d say, for a guy named Kerry and the woman he married... thank you Jesus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb