Last Night in Europe!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3441, -6.26749

It was a long day of travel... I think we spent time in four different cities altogether. We woke up in Dundee, traveled by train to Edinburgh, and then flew to Dublin. ...hm... Okay, I guess that's only three cities. Oh well. Still weird. Our first flight of three was pretty uneventful. No ash clouds to take out the plane. We got to Dublin about 15:30, and then hopped the airport bus to our hostel. We didn't have any sightseeing to do... we already did all that at the beginning of our trip in Dublin. So, we hopped online at the internet cafe, and I continued updating the blog. After that, we walked to Leo Burdock's to get our last batch of heavenly fish 'n chips. They give you so freakin much for so little money. Neither of us were able to finish an entire order the first time... so the second time we each got our own fish and then split a single order of chips. I suggested we do that again this time, and Chris was just scandalized, "You're gonna make me SPLIT my last fish 'n chips in Dublin?!" Pft. Like he's gonna finish his own, which I pointed out. And of course he didn't believe me. lol, and of course I was right. For the record. =) After that we walked over to a pub.. the same one we actually got our ceremonial first pint of Guinness... and we had our ceremonial LAST pint of Guinness in Ireland. Sigh. The Guinness just isn't the same in the States... We headed to bed about 10pm. We were pretty exhausted, having only had 6 hours of sleep the night before. And we were only going to get another 6 hours that night, since we had to get up at 4:30am to make it to the airport. LAME.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb