Bringing The Arizona Sun


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 19th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dublin HostelDublin HostelDublin Hostel

Hostel Reception Area
(By Becky)

We leave Arizona just to get burned in Ireland.
We lassoed the Arizona sun and brought it with us to London. People all around us are saying how unusual the weather is- warm and sunny, and the same when we arrived in Wales. As we crossed the sea to Ireland the sun kept with our steady pace. We told people who commented on the weather (which was almost everyone) that we brought the sun with us from Arizona. And they believed us!

In Dublin we met a musician, Luke Hurley. He played for Terrie & I - our own personal concert. He writes and play the guitar as well as sings beautifully.

(See his websited at www.lukehurley.com for some incredible music.)

He wanted us to leave the sun with him but as we packed to leave Dublin the clouds returned. Our departure was delayed many hours so we went to catch a bus and waited in a cafe. Shortly, the sun returned bringing bright blue skies.

Now, at the end of the day, I sit in Glendalough (pronounced glenda-lock) on the 24 th of Sept. Eight days into our journey and this is our
DublinDublinDublin

Dublin International Hostel
first day of overcast weather (They've had constant rain all summer) We haven't had a lick of rain yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Dublin Hostel CourtyardDublin Hostel Courtyard
Dublin Hostel Courtyard

Courtyard Outsie Our Window


29th September 2008

Sure is beautiful, I didn't know hostels were so nice!! Love ya, sis
2nd October 2008

LOVELY
Lovely to see you again, my friend! Walk along with you to the next bend? Love the pics. Thank you for sharing your quest with the rest...and do not forget to get plenty of rest, girlfriends!
7th October 2008

Just saying Hi
I received your email and am anxious to hear what you are doing and what directions you are headed with your work. I'm glad you are well and happy. Barb and I wil go out next week to celebrqte her birthday that was Sunday but it won't be the same without you- in fact pretty dull!! We just returned from my highschool reunion today. It was truly Fabulous! Susan is still trying to get over her boyfriend from last year. My shoulder is fine but I still can't hit tennis balls without alot of pain- the only activity that hurts it?? Miss you. I just saw your photo in my camera today. It was great.
7th October 2008

It wasn't the Arizona sunshine but the light of yur beautiful spirits love ya all Dad

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb