Rain, Sun, no Rain, no Sun.... ahhh Tim Hortons!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 26th 2008
Published: June 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday in our tours around Dublin (I think mom and I can give some of the tour now!!), we can upon a Canadian oasis overseas.... that's right a Tim Hortons! We couldn't believe it! So like true Canadians we ran inside (it is just a little counter set up in the corner store) and took our pictures with it. The staff said that they get a lot of Canadians taking pictures. LOL We decided we had better have a coffee...even if the cup was filled with the not so good Ireland coffee, at least we could pretend it was Tim Hortons LOL.... to our surprise it tastes just like Canadian Tim Hortons!!!!!! I've decided that Canada is taking over the world, one Tim Hortons at a time---we just start with the cool places first! (Yep we are going back today to get our Tim Horton Fix!)

Yesterday was another busy day here in Dublin. We took a tour around the city and then headed to Trinity College for a tour and a look at the Book of Kells. What a beautiful school...I think I could go there for a few years! The book of Kells was very interesting, and so was the library upstairs from it.

After the college we stopped at a local pub for some lunch before continuing on to Jameison Distillery.

The Distillery is pretty cool and is set up like a museum with exhibits of each of the processes. They no longer make Jameison here in Dublin, it is all made at the distillery in southern Ireland. Mom and I both had our glass of Jameison with cranberry juice (apparently that is the way to drink it here in Dublin).

Last night we went to the pub down the street from our hostel and had some dinner and a pint. Mom is still drinking the Bulmers! There was a soccer game on last night so the place filled with rowdy fans and we were sitting right in front of the tv! So we made our escape and had a nice relaxing night updating our journals.

Today we are off to New Grange and are about to head to catch the bus for it. It is our last day here in Dublin and we will leave for Belfast tomorrow morning.

I am not sure of the internet access while we are in Belfast, so there may not be anymore additions to the blog until we get to Galway.

Cheers everyone!

Lisa & Sande

PS:
Sally: Good luck with Canada Day! I think of you while I'm over here although it will be pretty late when you are setting off the fireworks LOL


Advertisement



27th June 2008

whiskey and coffee
a timmy's for heaven's sakes!!! who knew?!!! didja put any of that jameison's in your coffee, you know for one of those irish coffee type things?! san, i got your message...i can't believe you called me from Ireland and i wasn't in!! holy man. actually, i was out planting flowers. like i have been since forever! anyway, yes, the LCBO does carry Jameisons; it's core stock at our store, but that might not necessarily be the case all over. however, even if not you can order in. sounds like you are having a fabulous time. i can't wait to see the pics! lots of love, xo by the by, when did you say you were in port? 12july?

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb