Cork, Dublin . . . and More Pugin!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 6th 2008
Published: May 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cork and its people were lovely. We didn't win the competition, but we were all pleased with our performance. We did win the Heinrich Schutz Perpetual Trophy for our performance of Schutz's "So fahr ich hin."

After Sunday Mass, we were treated to coffee, tea, soft drinks, smoked salmon, sandwiches, and sweets. The Irish seem to be quite good at making delicious sandwiches. We enjoyed a similar reception after our performance in Cobh. The mayor was present as the Mass we sang for. He took quite a liking to us. It probably didn't hurt that the first thing he heard us sing was an Irish folksong, or that the Taoiseach was in the United States the first days we were in Cork.

The drive from Cork to Dublin was lovely—especially since I wasn't behind the wheel this time! I rode in the van with Martin instead of taking the bus. We enjoyed the countryside and fortified one another with pious discourse along the way.

We had an excellent tour guide in Dublin. It's very different from Cork, as one would expect in a big city. Several of us were able to hear Evensong at St. Patrick's Cathedral, which was an aesthetic treat. We could have used a couple more days in Dublin.

Patrick


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb