Blarney Castle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Blarney Castle- Ireland

Yesterday we took a day tour to Blarney to see the Blarney Castle and to kiss the Blarney stone. It took us about four hours to get there with a bus change in Limerick aka "Stab City". The Castle itself was't very big but it had lots of rooms and narrow passage ways. I was a bit nervous kissing the stone as from watching docos to reach the stone, you needed to lie on your back and hang off the side of the castle, but it was all good. Hopefully I will now be blessed with "The gift of the gab", which is what you're meant to receive once kissing the stone.

After exploring the castle we walked around the rest of the grounds before having lunch and geading back to Dublin. Forthe tour we needed to get to Paddy's Palace (tour company) at 7am, it was freezing, at one point it was -3 degrees, I have never been anywhere that cold, but the sun came out beind the fog and it became very warm.

So far everyone in Ireland has been really friendly, we've already met a couple of girls from Australia who will be going on out bus tour to Northern Ireland, hopefully we'll meet more people from all over the world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb