Becki and Nanci’s European Adventure


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 21st 2023
Published: October 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today we leave Ireland and our EF Go Ahead tour group! We met some people we dearly loved spending time with plus we loved our tour guide and bus driver. We hated to part ways but another adventure with a new group was waiting for us in Switzerland.

In order to get to the airport at Dublin, we had to take a bus from Galway which drove clear across the country. Now Ireland is not that big, but Galway is on one coast and Dublin is on the other.it was about a 3 hour ride. Our flight was at 12 noon, so we left Galway at 6:30 am. It wasn't a bad ride, it was a local bus with several stops. We made it in plenty of time. The airport wasn't busy, but they did things like JFK, such as putting you at a gate then bussing you to an entirely different gate! My only problem with that is I just sat down with a big cup of coffee......"no hot drinks on the busses!" Dang!

Our flight was great, but the best part was looking out the window as we flew over London! We were descending as we were landing and the views were spectacular! I got a great picture of The London Bridge (really The Tower Bridge). You can check it out in my photos!

There was no customs to go through. I'm assuming that's because flying from Ireland is like flying within the United States. So it didn't take us long to get our luggage and walk to the hotel. Our flight had been delayed about a half hour, which was perfect as it allowed us to arrive at the hotel about 10 minutes before check in time. We were starving (we've learned we are spoiled Americans) as none of the shorter flights that we've been on serve complimentary snacks or drinks. So we headed to the hotel restaurant to get a late lunch.

Following lunch, I set about doing our laundry for the last leg of our journey. If you ever pass through Heathrow, stay at the Hilton as they have guest laundry on two floors. The only bad news is that the dryers are very, very slow. Between Nanci and I we had three loads of laundry, so it did take some time. I was grateful we didn't have to make our way from the airport to find a laundromat! It wasn't long before we were repacking suitcases and preparing to go to bed early for our early morning tomorrow.

We headed back to the restaurant for a light dinner and then to bed by 8:30 as we had a 2 am wake up call in the morning! I think tomorrow we will be tired!!

Nite all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb