Ireland the North 2. Day 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
July 31st 2022
Published: July 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ireland the North 2

Here we go on an adventure in Ireland cycling around the northern half of the enchanted island of Ireland. This tour starts off in Dublin, where we arrived by ferry this afternoon in heavy rain, but what did we expect in the Emerald Isle? After locking the bikes securely in the Q car park we checked in at the Gresham Hotel, which is a really nice hotel on O’Connell St Upper. We were checked in by two nice young girls from Argentina and Ukraine, which was a lot slicker than last time we came when it was nothing less than mayhem taking about an hour to process. Bill, my chief negotiator, managed to book us in the restaurant for a meal which is usually chocker block on a Saturday night. Great food at a reasonable price and of course the obligatory pint of Guinness to help it down.
It rained for most of the evening and was still hard at it at 10.15 when we had finished our meal so off to bed and no saunter around O’Connell Street tonight to listen to the dulcet tones of the Dublin folk singers in Dublin’s many bars.
The weather forecast is not the best for cycling with rain due on Monday afternoon on our way up north with a 12 mph tail wind. Tuesday is showing light rain all day. I have my cape ready, look out for the yellow ghost on your tail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement




Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb