Canceled Flight Means More Irish Fun!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
August 31st 2019
Published: September 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Saturday- this was the day we were supposed to fly out of Dublin returning home but our flight got cancelled and we were rebooked 24 hours later. Kerry took a nap and Cindy and I went to Grafton street for a little shopping. Walking the narrow cobblestone streets, brought us upon a cheese shop and I couldn’t pass up the Irish cheese and chutney .... a little Goat Gouda and a yummy light goat cheese named “Killeen Goat Fenugreek”. Cindy found a cool Dublin mug and I a bag, and then we headed back to the hotel, she, to take a tour of the Book of Kells, and Kerry and I had some cheese and then took off for a trip around Dublin.



We ate an early dinner at a tapas place and then toured the Guinness Brewery. Wow... what an incredible marketing extravaganza... the Guinness Storehouse is a great example of greatness in marketing and publicity. There’s floors of discoveries with museum quality artifacts, digital information and tasting rooms all about Guinness and when you get to the top there’s a panoramic view of Dublin and a pint waiting for you, oh and they touch the head off with a shamrock☘️.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement






Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb