Glasgow to Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
July 28th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Finally had a good night's sleep with the help of the NyQuil sleep medicine. Some people were leaving the tour in Glasgow and a few more will meet us in Dublin. I'm so excited to go to Ireland! After breakfast we got on the bus to catch the ferry to Ireland across the Irish Sea. Good-bye Scotland; it's been fun! Once we got to the ferry stop, our bus went through security. Some people had their bags checked, just random checks. The bus drove right on the ferry. It is like a cruise ship, not that I've ever been on one or plan to. The food court, cafe, and bar take up the top deck and there is comfy seating all around. We sail past the island. It is where they get the granite to make the discs for curling. We can hardly see anything because of dense fog. The ferry had to blow its fog horn a few times. We finally landed in Larne, Northern Ireland. There are union jack flags flying everywhere! It is so different coming from Scotland, where the people want to be an independent country from Britain. Our tour guide said Northern Ireland is the most loyal republic in all of the UK. Then, it was a three hour bus ride to Dublin! At 2:56 we entered the Republic of Ireland as I listened to my U2 playlist. The first place I visit in Ireland was a rest stop. Hahaha Finally arrived at the hotel and got ready for dinner. Our tour guide walked us around a bit of Dublin and gave us some historical facts about the area. Then, we headed to Temple Bar. The group headed to the Old Pourhouse Bar. I honestly can't describe how much joy this place brings me. There is a small band playing the Irish Rover as we walked in. Feels like home. My heart is beyond happy...off to Londonderry tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb