Ireland Day 17


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
June 21st 2013
Published: June 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

Today we went to Kilmainham Gaol. I have never been to jail before so this was a neat experience. We got to see where key people of the 1916 revolution were held. We were also told about a couple who got married just before the man was to be executed. They spent 10 minutes together as a married couple. Then he was executed. A few years later she was arrested for opposing government forces and held in prison there. We were also able to go into some of the cells and see what it was like. That was pretty neat. I know that I never want to be in prison. After the tour we were able to go through a museum and see some of the history. After Kilmainham Gaol we went around an old hospital that was turned into an art gallery. A couple of us are going back to the gallery tomorrow. We left the hospital and talked about lunch. Claire and I had food at the hostel so we came back here but everyone else went to get something. After lunch we went upstairs to take a nap. We slept for a couple of hours and then it was time for dinner. We met with Dr. Meehan for dinner. After dinner I came back to the hostel and went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb