day of laughs and random adventures


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
March 31st 2010
Published: March 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

So just to clarify I am neither on spring break nor summer break; i am on what they call "study holiday." it gives the real students a chance to study for at most 12 exams and write their dissertations (they have to write two over their 3 years at college). believe me i have a few friends that are in that situation and they desperately need that month to study and write and will not be traveling or having fun but for a weekend or two over the whole of their time off. we are just the lucky ones that get to travel and have fun 😊

so today i got up early to turn in my paper so that i would have the rest of the day for a random adventure. so once completely officially finished i met up with my friend and her daughter for breakfast. It was really nice and then soon we headed off for some town close by that i never knew the name of. We ended up getting lost and just drove around for 4 hours haha it was quite amazing! the country is absolutely breathtaking. i know we say that a lot or think that of ireland but i am now a witness to God's wonderful beauty in ireland. it is just unreal what beauty they have here. countless hills covered with green and hundreds of animals with their young grazing on the side of the road. literally one road lanes going 100 km/hour around windy bends and little to no shoulder space. Slow traffic, unlike back home, is not honked at but waved good day. The houses are far spread and formed of stone, almost like from a picture. Churches that we only dream of are actually here having stood for hundreds of years. and i finally experienced the irish weather i have heard so much about: sunny skies 5 min, rain 10 min, slush 5 min, hail 3 min, rain 20 min, clear the rest of the day. It was so strange but it made me really happy 😊 Constantly I find myself thinking that i am not really here. That one day i will wake up and the random things that make this place ireland will be gone. and having written that i realize that it one day will actually be true and i will be home. and i know it will take me some time to fully move on from my homesickness and love for this place. It will be so strange, i repeat SO STRANGE to return home and have the accent be as my own. i will miss the musical cadence to their voices that we only fantasize or mock back in the states but here are everywhere and just enchanting. It is funny though in the beginning i would giggle and think ooo they have an accent :D but now i hear an american or some other accent and i have to take a double take and question what is off. The genuineness of the people here will be dearly missed. And i have become absolutely weak for it. i even got told that if i ever wanted to come back i would have a place to stay and that i could be given a job as an au pair to get a visa. i know my mom didnt want to hear that at all but i thought i would share with you how simply amazing people have been to me here and how blessed i have been with finding true friends here.

after our random adventure i prepared to go to an illusion show that my program had set up for us for tonight. It was fabulous!! it was SO funny and really really good. They had the whole mind reading thing and then hypnosis. before any of you actually think i let them hypnotize me, think again! NO WAY!! once was enough!! but it was amazing to watch and we laughed so much it hurt. i was also reminded that we have a trip planned for cobh (said like cove) on saturday. which is where they have the titanic walk and a little museum apparently? i shall know more after saturday i guess and fill ye in.

well goodnight...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb