Galway to Cork


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
June 18th 2023
Published: June 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was a long drive day with 4 hours of driving and 5 sights to see.

First of all, we started at Dunguaire Castle , built in 1520, and mostly as it was originally. The 4 different floors were staged as it would have been for a different century with the ground representing the 20th century, first level representing the 19th and 18th centuries, the third floor the 17th century and the top floor the 16th century. The castle sits on the picturesque shores of Galway bay.

Our next stop was Limerick where most of the stores where closed on Sunday as the whole town was attending a Gaelic Football match between Limerick and Tipperary, given their proximity to each other, it may have been a grudge match.

Having now completed most of the driving we got to Tipperary, a small town with a great central store area.

Lastly, and about 10 minutes from Tipperary was Cahir Castle which was a must see. The castle has been expensively renovated and provides a window into the life of centuries ago as well as the lengths towns needed to keep them safe.

We finally arrived in cork about 5pm


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb