Kissing the Blarney stone


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Blarney
March 27th 2010
Published: April 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 27.3.2010 day 164
Kissing the Blarney stone
Today we checked out of our resort and drove to Blarney and went to the Blarney castle where the Blarney stone is, the one that if you kiss it you get the gift of the Gab. So we went to go in the castle and found out they only take cash and as we leave Ireland at 8am tomorrow only had €7 left between us and do not need Euro any were else we are going. We were relucent to take the €20 ($30 Aus) plus the $5 Aus fee to take it out as that makes it $35 to kiss a stone and the castle did not look that exciting. We had a quick look around for a cash machine and found a fantastic Irish gift shop and guess what they were selling Blarney stones they were pieces of the real stone and were certified as real. The pieces of Blarney stone only cost €3.60 and we can both kiss it give out to other people to kiss. This way we do not need to get the germs of the 1 billion people who go to the castle and kiss the stone each year as reported in our travel book. The travel book also said that the locals piss on the stone. So we decided to buy the stone and not go in the castle. My friend also got a cool Guinness travel belt. Together this cost a lots less than the castle and we will have the stone to keep forever. I guess it was lucky the castle only took cards, but how can a castle that has reportable over 1 billion visitors per year and sells gifts not take credit cards? We then drove on to the city of Cork and had a look around. After that we drove to Wexford were we stayed the night as it is close to Rosslare were we need to get the ferry to Wales at 9am tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb