Trip to Ireland Days 2-4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Blarney
July 8th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

July 8, 2008
Dinner at the castle was very entertaining. We were treated to a cup of Mead as we entered and were seated in the Great Hall. The madrigal music was delightful and we were all lords and ladies for the evening. The castle had a formal Victorian garden which was lovely, but not as impressive as the grounds in Bunratty. Dinner gave us the opportunity to get to know our trip mates and guide. One couple is from Connecticut and the other is from Phoenix. Our guide is from Amsterdam.

On Monday we visited Blarney castle in the morning-another beautiful setting with gorgeous grounds. Of course we both kissed the Blarney Stone. Now we will be eloquent and have the gift of gab (Something Nanci really was lacking).

Monday afternoon we got on our bikes in Clonikilty. We made a large loop of about 30 miles. We soon learned that with the hills 30 miles in Ireland is very different than 30 miles in Calumet County. We continue to be in awe of the scenery. With each turn of the bend the view is more beautiful than the last.

On Tuesday we got off to an early start and biked from Clonikilty to Glandore.
If possible the views are even better today. We have been on the coast most of the day with views of the ocean. This is the first day that we have had sun most of the day. We have been chased by a few dogs, but all of the people we have met are very friendly, warm and welcoming. The homes along the coast are picturesque and immaculate, and much more upscale than we were expecting. Time to go, we are having scones while overlooking the ocean. We hope you enjoy the photos and our update.

Nanci & Carl


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb