Dy 4-5 of the Micke Trippers Trip to Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Bantry
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

July 9, 2008

We had another day of great biking. We did about 75 kilometers today, but the hills while a constant companion were not as steep as yesterday. We only had to walk the bikes one time. Another Irish biking tradition we observed today was biking in the rain. Most of the afternoon it was alternating between rain and sun. The tour we are on does a very good job of keeping us on less traveled rural roads, which is nice for not a lot of traffic but the roads are hardly wide enough for one car let alone two cars meeting or a car passing a couple of people on bikes. The redeeming factor is everyone is very aware of people on bikes and they always make way for them, to the point of slowing to a stop to make sure the way is clear to pass.

The scenery today was spectacular. One of the spots we visited today, was a stone ring at the top of one of the hills we biked. Our guide knew about the spot, as you had to go through a farmer’s gate into his field and walk about ¼ mile to get to a stair that had 100 plus stone stairs to get there. The panoramic view was unreal. I will put a number of pictures on the blog to try to illustrate, but understand the pictures do not come close to revealing the true beauty.

Carl & Nanci



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb