The Shannon Region


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Shannon
March 24th 2010
Published: March 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 24.3.2010 day 161
The Shannon Region
County Clare which is where we are staying is part of the Shannon Region the other counties in the region are Tipperary and Offaly. With all the travelling we have done around Ireland I think that we have been to all the Counties except for the one that Sligo is in and that is the area the book we were reading is set. Also William Yates mother was born in Sligo and he spent a lot of time there and a lot of his work is based on the area it is a bit sad we did not get there but it was too far too go. After a long day yesterday we had a rest today doing research on where we want to go next and doing a few jobs. We went out in the afternoon to look at some of the local standing stone near where we live and to pick up so more food. Usually we love food shopping in different countries around the world and seeing the differ things you can buy but we have found food shopping in Ireland very depressing as everything is so expensive here especially alcohol and there is not any new and exacting foods to try. I would hate to be a mother trying to budget here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb