Arriving


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Carlow » Carlow
January 5th 2009
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Ireland today. It's a lot colder out then I though it would be! We arrived in the airport and got all our luggage. We started to head to the exit and noticed we lost Angelo! We waited for a while and then finally decided to go and maybe he was outside the exit. It turns out that he went to get buy a cell phone and didn't tell any of us. I should have known then what I was getting myself into! haha! We were told that our bus driver was going to have a SAU students sign. We saw a man with a sign that said IT Carlow student and wasn't sure if he was our driver. Angelo went up to him and tried to talk to him and couldn't understand a work he was saying. The Fitz went up to him and tried and nothing... Katie finally went over and talked to him. Katie realized that he was mentally handicapped and could understand that he wasn't the driver but the driver was coming right back and we were to wait for him. The driver showed up and the luggage took up most of the room in the bus. On the way to Carlow, "Mrs. Robinson" came on the radio! We were surprised but little did we know that Ireland was more Americanized then we thought! Lavinia, our land lady, met us at our apartments and she said the heat was on all break but it wasn't. So our apartments were very cold! We unpacked and settled in. Our two roommates were arriving Wednesday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb