Reykjavik


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
August 22nd 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we are!! The last leg of our journey in Iceland. I´ll get to that in a bit. First thigns first. Scotland.

We got up a bit to 7am on Wednesday morning and got ready to leave on the train headed for Edinburgh. It was all going so well. We made perfect time acturally. 45 minutes into the train ride we are asked to get off to due to the lack of air conditioning and loss of power in the resturant. Our option was to get on the 10 45 am train to Edinburgh which was the train that Blair was on because he was lagging behind. Anyways, off we got and waited for this other train. Just before that train arrived ours was fixed so back on our old train. Arriving more then an hour and a half late we were told we were going to get 100 percent refund back. That made us happy. So now M has to fill out this form and send it into them.

Getting into Edin. was only half the battle. We had to get showered off and back on the road to get up to the castle in time for the Tattoo. We managed our time well and met up with Blair and had some dinner in a pub and then proceded up the Royal Mile into the castle esplanade. On our way there we met a Scottish cop who was directing pedestrians and he told us to go have a pint of beer before lining up to get in. I had a good laugh about that because they would never tell you to do that back home.

Finally at the castle the tattoo had started. I thought that it was fantastic. The castle was lit up all kinds of cool colors and there were torches lit. It was very very cool. I enjoyed it. M said that the magic was gone because she just knows too much about it, but all in all she said it was good. On our way back from the tattoo there was another Scottish cop singing into a mega phone. Those guys are halarious.

On the way up the Royal Mile I forgot to mention that M spotted a celebrity of the alien kind. She bumped into Joan Rivers!!! How crazy is that. I was just to obsessed with looking at everything but the people. Later on that night when we were leaving Blairs hotel after a few drinks (not M) we got into a cab and the driver said 'Hey, I just dropped off Joan Rivers into that hotel right there' and M was all like 'SEE I TOLD YOU I HAD SEEN HER'!!!! Good for you M...

Now on to Thursday. We got up not too early, but early enough to know remember when and we were off once again on the train. No problems with this one. It was a 4 and a half hour ride to London.

Ill write more when someone else is done on the computer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb