Days 11-20 Iceland Arctic Adventure


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Keflavik
July 4th 2022
Published: July 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

On July 4th, Renee and I flew out of Baltimore for a 7 Day Arctic Adventure Tour. Iceland is a very unique place which I will tell you about over the next 8 days. You will find the narrative very interesting. We flew on Play Airline which was delayed in leaving for 3 hours. We missed our tour group on July 5th and needed to take taxi at the cost of $400 to catch up with our tour bus. Landing in Keflavik, we had bus tickets for the ride to Reykjavik, where we were scheduled to be pick up at the local bus station. It was strange to me that the International Airport was not in the capital, I thought I made a mistake and booked our flight to the wrong one. The bus ride is about 45 minutes. I share this info for those who want to plan a trip. You need a credit card to use the restroom!

I am breaking the Iceland trip down to the Day number of the trip so that you can see how the tours are set up. Now for little known facts about Iceland:

"A big part of what makes Iceland so unique is that is sits on top of two tectonic plates. The Eurasian plate and the North American plate meet in the Mid Atlantic Ridge. The two continents move away from each other by 2 cm every year and this movement fuels the highly volcanic activity of Iceland. In fact, there are a number of small earthquakes taking place every single day in Iceland. These earthquakes can be caused by both the tectonic plates movements and volcanic activity."


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb