Baradla cave system


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
May 27th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

27 May 2013

In the morning we went on a two hour, 2.3k tour of the Baradla cave system starting at the Voros-to artificial entrance and finishing in the village of Josvafo. It was an excellent expedition, commencing down 250 steps and then along a smooth pavement which led us along a seemingly endless passage and through numerous chambers all of which contained a fine collection of stalactites, stalagmites and other features. At one place we were faced with another 200 steps leading to a platform from where we were able to see the largest stalagmite in Hungary. In another huge chamber there was a memorable light and music display in a wonderful natural feature.



Kevin and Nurcun Griffiths were the leaders of out trip to Turkey in the autumn of 2012. When I contacted Kevin to ask if he had any information on Hungary, he said they would be at a spar campsite at the town of Cegled, just east of Budapest on 27 May and suggested we might like to join them. We did just that. It was good to see them again and we shared an enjoyable evening meal in the restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb