Dubrovnik to Budapest via Zadar


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
August 12th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Dubrovnik to Budapest via Zadar



As we continued up the Dalmatian Coast, we stopped in the old town of Split for lunch and a wander around Diocletian’s Palace. Unfortunately the markets were closed today, so travelled on towards Zadar. All feeling exhausted from the long day on the coach and a few late nights previous, we headed to bed early in preparation for some more quality time on the bitumen.
After another full day’s drive we had travelled from Croatia through Bosnia, then back into Croatia and finally we had arrived in Hungary. Budapest seemed alive with music, cafes and art, it’s no wonder it’s known as ‘Paris of the East’.
The history of this city was fascinating– split by the Danube River into hilltop Buda & bustling Pest, hence it’s name Budapest. Our shoes got a work-out after our bus-tour, we devoured a traditional Hungarian lunch before investigating areas such as the Buda Castle, Church of St Matthias, the Chain Bridge, Fisherman’s Bastion, Citadel, and St Gerard’s monument.
Dohany Street Synagogue was quite impressive (the second-largest synagogue in the world), then on to Hungarian State Opera House, Millenium Monument in Heroes’ Square and the city gardens where we spent the afternoon with some friends in the park.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Buda on the left, Pest on the right of the Danube River


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb