Tirana to Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
August 9th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Tirana to Dubrovnik



From our hotel in Albania, we continued along some of the worst main roads we’d come across this trip – they appeared to be nothing more than a dirt track with no obvious road rules to follow! We made it to the edge of Montenegro where border control made us wait 5 hours before allowing us into the country! After some lunch and a few games of cards at the roadside stop we travelled the sparkling coastline through Montenegro and toward another border crossing into Croatia to set up camp in the dark of our Dubrovnik camp.
The next morning began with a guided tour of Dubrovnik’s Old Town district, seeing many historic buildings, modern galleries and exploring the walls of the fortified city and old port.
Our tour group spent the afternoon on a cruise that took us to some nearby Islands for retail therapy as well as some much enjoyed time in the ocean. The guys spent hours flipping off the side of the vessel while the girls watched on laughing at quite a few belly-flops!
As the sun set, we took in the nightlife of the Old Town visiting the Skybar for a ‘bucket’cocktail and a couple of other clubs before heading back for some sleep.
We had one more free day in Dubrovnik and decided to take the cable car to the summit nearby. What a magnificent view over such a beautiful city – well worth the trip. After meandering in town again Lach found some beautiful birds keen for a photo opportunity. Later we caught a bus back to camp to fix Sheree’s deflating mattress (a lilo) with some water, soap and after a bit of sun we hoped that sticky tape really does fix everything!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb