Our European Cruise Budapest to Amsterdam - Our Viking Gefjon


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary
September 15th 2022
Published: October 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We (Tom, Pam, Sheryl, Daryl & Kerry) decided 3 weeks ago that we were going to book a river cruise with Vikings from Budapest to Amsterdam. We were going to live on a long boat which held under 150 passengers. Vikings have always had a good reputation and since the drought throughout Europe, Vikings was one of the shallowest boats so could continue to sail along the Danube, Mainz & Rhine Rivers.

Cabins, entertainment, comfort, food, and standard of organisation where all offer at a high standard.

Staff were exemplary. Our cabin person John was fantastic. His day started with making our bed while we are eating our breakfast and cleaned the room, and the last task was turning our bed down and ensuring our room is spotless. John switched music on through the TV and made the temperature in the room a pleasant temperature.

For each 3 meals a day we were offered 3 courses for each meal. On one floor was a restaurant and another floor was a more casual cafe in the Aquavit Terrace. For each lunch and dinner, we were offered wine, beer and soft drinks for each for these meals.

Tom had always wanted to do a river cruise, particularly this one. I think photos would be the best method of showing the standard of cruise


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb