Easter Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
April 10th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Zdair I headed to Budapest to meet up with Kylie for easter.

Julia and I headed down to budapest together, we left at 5 in the morning to catch the first bus of the day to Poprad Tatry. From here it was a train ride to kosice and then a train to budapest, were we would arrive by 2pm. We arrived in kosice early and didnt even know we had arrived until the maintenance guys - toldus to get off the train. This was quite difficult because they didnt speak english and we no Slovakian. Eventually got on the train to budapest and 4hrs later we were there.

At the hostel waited for kylie to arrive. That night we headed out to local restaurant area, not far from the hostel. lt was great meal and eventually got asked to leave because we had been there far too long :P

The next day we headed to a Budapest bath in the park. Now these are awesome. 2 Outside heated spa's with swimming pool, a whirlpool and a bar not to far away. Here we wasted 5 hrs - but it was great the weather was perfect and relaxing. What a way to kill a Saturday.

Sunday - thought it best if we see some of the sites - but was totally tempted to go back to the baths. So we headed up into Buda to see the castle. On the way there we came through a traditional market with folk music - I assumed for easter. After walking around the castle and the shopping district, we stopped for a beer in this tiny little pub with lots of character.

From here we headed back so kylie could catch her plane. Stopping at the market again for some food.

Next day went back to the baths- another pristine day and the following day headed to Bratislava.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

PestPest
Pest

View of Pest from the castle


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb