Budapest-Day 3


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
November 9th 2008
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Former Royal PalaceFormer Royal PalaceFormer Royal Palace

Part of Castle Hill
Today was not a good weather day. Heavy, heavy fog. Couldn't see very far in front of you. As a result, decided to kind of spend the day visiting some random sites and just wandering.

Went and walked along Vacci Street and Fashion Street which are the big pedestrian only shopping areas. Lots of little shops selling variety of Hungarian items as well as typical tourist stuff. Fashion Street also has a number of high end stores. I also walked over to the Great Synogogue which is one of the largest in Europe. Also walked over the Elizabeth Bridge and down the Danube on that side to the Calvinist Church which is another building with a funky, multi-colored roof. Sun sets early here (around 4:15 PM), so after going back to the hotel for a quick nap, I headed back out to go get some night shots.

Beautiful night. Made up for the lousy day of weather. Very comfortable. In fact, I didn't really even need a jacket. Took the funicular again up to Castle Hill and got some great photos of Chain Bridge all lit up. Walked along the Chain Bridge and the Danube River for awhile. A number of people were out and about as well enjoying the evening.

Because it was such a poor weather day, I'm going to post some other pictures from the last couple of days as well. You'll be able to tell them by the nice sky!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Central MarketCentral Market
Central Market

Huge building...just a side.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb