When I say Buda you say pest Buda "Pest", Buda "Pest"


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
September 9th 2011
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in our first non-hostel in Budapest. The reason for this being that we were due to receive our dreaded exam results here and therefore we would need a reliable and preferably free WIFI connection. Oh and added to this A WASHING MACHINE!!!! This was honestly one of the highlights of Budapest, actually washing our worn-inside-out pants and saturated-in-sweat t-shirts, in other words ... luxury.

Budpest was hot. Really hot. It was roughly 38 -42 degrees whil we were there. That is bordering on too hot for someone who lives in a country with two seasons and one day of summer.

On the first day we searched out the nearest tesco express (yeah there was one), stocked up on some food and rambled around the city and it's many bridges.

INTERESTING FACT (well a fact that I didn't know) The land that occupies the west side of the river is called Buda and the east side; Pest.... I found that walking around at night, Budpest really exhibits its beauty. The atmoshphere along the rivefr is a grandeur of intimacy, a bustling city, yet not grid-locked with tourists.

The next day was the day of our exam results. We had been in a limbo ever since that last exam. Our fates had been left with the Gods (the IBOwho are pretty much like Gods anyway) These results would determine maybe not just the next year but the rest of my life. The question running through my head; will I be living/dying in Bodmin for yet another year of my life, because if so I would rather be trafficked into some kind of sex drug ring in Bosnia.

So it turned out that the whole sex trafficking thing is Bosnia wasn't as far of as I had intended. I had missed my offer by one point and not just a point but one percent it turned out. This happened to Beth also (kinda glad not gonna lie) We immediately made another improtue trip to Tesco express, purchased a 2 litre tub of chocolate chip, caramel, peanut ice cream and devoured the entire confection. By this point I wasn't just dumb... I was fat and dumb. Later that evening, when our feelings of utter uselessness had subssided we went out and had a romantic meal, looking over the Danube, drank some weird lemon/orange beer and wandered home to our laundrette, oh I mean apartment and looked forward to the food hangover that awaited us in the morning.

The next day was boiling, sizzling, scalding, firey ... it was hot. We had heard so much about the naturally heated baths in Budpest and decided that we deserved a day of pure relaxation. We decided to walk there. Bad bad bad idea. Yet another one of my outfits was runied with sweat and the chaffage that my legs endured from that walk from central Pest all the way over to Budda was unbearable (too much information?) We spent the whole day by the pool on some suprisingly uncomfortable sun loungers with an orange, wrinkled, leathery old man applying coconut oil to his sweaty balls (agaiin too muhc?)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb