Day 6-8


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
October 1st 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

After a pretty drunken night involving wine, local liquors, guiness and desperados this morning was rough not helped by the fact I smacked my head on the ceiling first thing this morn (I hate bunk beds!) But after a late breakfast and doing some washing we got on the tube and headed to the aquarium where we all fell in love with the the turtle now named Frederick! It also had reptiles, birds and randomly a tamarind monkey so that was all good! A spur of the moment trip to the torture museum was not quite as nice but interesting all the same and to be honest manĂ½ of the devices were similar to that of the sex museum in prague! Lunch followed and a quick trip to the spar where I found my favourite austrian drink Almdudler (Mum, Dad and Dave you know what I mean!) After a further tube ride into the museum quarter and a wander round (boy do the austrians like their statues!) we headed back to the hostel a cheap dinner and lots of beer followed aswell as me discovering I am good at card games...and lying!

Day 7

Left at 8am and drove the short distance to the Hungarian capital Budapest! After a few hours of chilling out about 20 of us headed to the Gelet hotel and spa. After a few diversions and an illegal drive down the tramlines we made it one piece and eventually got into the spa baths! Absolutely Amazing! Spent the afternoon lying in 38 degree water and steam rooms doing nothing! Favourite pool was the outdoor one especially when it got dark however when we eventually dragged ourselves from the water at about 7pm the walk back from the warm water to the changing rooms was not so nice! Stopped for food on the way back to the hostel at a sports bar and finally had my first healthy meal involving salad (the fried cheese on top may be a slight cheat as was the 2 large glasses of wine!) A few beers then the mountanious climb onto the highest bunk bed in the world to sleep!

Day8

Very lazy day today, have to say not impressed with Budapest everything looks really rundown and nothing is open because its a sunday but thats probably because we were too lazy to walk anywhere nice, opting for tesco to stock up on food for the journey tomorrow! We did however sample a local beer on our way back so we have had a real Hungarian experience! Going to have a cheapo dinner and a few drinks then an early night ready for our trip to Serbia tomorrow!

Till then!
XXXX

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb