We have Pictures!


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Budapest!

We finally got up a few pictures, so check out our gallery. It's not a lot (it takes forever to upload...), but hopefully you'll get a taste for what we're seeing and doing.

Since we last wrote in Krakow, we visited Auschwitz I and II, a small town in Hungary called Eger, and Bratislava, Slovakia. We've been in and out of Budapest - since many trains start and end here - so we've gotten a good overview of the city. Since we fly out of here in March, we're saving our major sightseeing for right at the end of the trip.

This afternoon, we are taking the train to Belgrade, Serbia. From there, we'll try to visit Ljubljana and Lake Bled in Slovania, before heading over to Venice for Carnival.

Some Highlights of the last week:
- Trying to communicate to a wine maker in Eger, who only know the English word: Photograph. We managed to get our throughts across by an interesting mix of German, Italian, Spanish, and Magyar (Hungarian).
- Going to a jazz performance in the Jewish District in Budapest. (Our hostel owner was friends with the drummer.)
- Seeing the contrast of Bratislava's Old Town and the sprawl of Communist housing right across the river.

We're having a blast!

Hope everyone is well. Talk to you soon!

Kirstin

Advertisement



27th January 2008

yay!
Yay pictures! They're great ones. Looks and sounds like you're having a wonderful trip. Can't wait to join you in Venice! :)
27th January 2008

Lies! All lies!
You don't have pictures! There are no pictures!! Where are the pictures?!
28th January 2008

Hello
We are following your trip. I liked Krakow and visted Austwitz. Keep safe and kept well. Our prayers are with you. Grandpa and Grandma Docken
28th January 2008

???
Where are the pictures? Also check out danshetler.blogspot.com
9th February 2008

paczki
Thought of you while eating paczki on fat Tues. Did you have the real thing this year?

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb