Today was amazing!!!!!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 7th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was amazing!!!!!! I got up around 9 and showered then went to the bakery with Rachel and got a freshly baked croissant for breakfast and some round cookielike thing with chocolate chips. It was delicious. Then Peter took the 4 of us (Karen decided not to go) to the ruins in Nemae (about a 30 minute drive) and I took tons of pictures of the temple, bathhouse, museum, etc. I'm not really sure of the history there, but it was so fun to see. There were also a couple of dogs that followed us around as we saw the sights. Then we drove about 20 minutes to Mycenae and saw the palace ruins there. It was on the top of this huge hill that we had to climb up. Bear in mind it was like 97 degrees and the path was at a 45 degree angle. I don't know how all 4 of us made it up to the top. But we did and it was awesome to see. The views up there were awesome too. After we climbed back down the hill, we walked to the treasury which was maybe a quarter mile down the road. After touring there, we drove to Nafplio, (15 minutes further) which is the most beautiful place I've everrrrr seen. I didn't think Greece could be more beautiful than the beach in Vrahati here, but even driving through the country to get to Nemae, Mycenae, and Nafplio, it was vineyards upon vineyards and just groves and groves of olive trees and cyprus trees. SOOOOO beautiful. Nafplio was my favorite out of all the places we saw. It was a medium size town, plenty of trendy shops with souvenirs, cafes, a moutain-top castle, beach, island fortress, and so much other stuff. I bought a lot of touristy stuff (post cards, worry beads, evil eye beads, jewelry, etc.) Then we all met back up with Peter at 7:30 and he drove us the hour home. I'm exhausted but, it was the best way to end the week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 81, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb