Azogyres


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 15th 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Feeling a little deflated after all the families had left town, we decided to head up to Azogyres, just a few kilometres from Paleochora. It’s well-trodden ground for us, again, though the kids hadn’t seen much.

We started at the old monastery, always lovely for a visit. The kids loved it, exploring the caves, the funny high-chair, the views, courtyard, etc.We lit some candles, but only pretend, as we had no matches, (a lot of fun looking for them), Asha wished “That we were all healthy and ate healthy food”.

Onwards to the Alpha café, we were surprised to bump into an old Paleochora friend, Julie, who was working there. Not altogether a surprise, really, because we knew she was living in Azogyres and there isn’t a GREAT deal to do there! We had a drink and ice-cream before moving on to the rock-pools along the road. But not before passing the little farm with the baby goat and the chickens, which the kids adored for at least half an hour.

The rock-pool is lovely. It’s hidden slightly from the road and is at the bottom of the largely-dry-in-summer river bed. It’s a well-known local secret, but passers-by wouldn’t see it. Amazingly, back in the ‘70s, it used to be a hippy-esque “disco” and there are still signs of the lighting set-up, stage, DJ hut (or rolling room - who knows), etc. Anyway, we had a good paddle and explore with Asha & Jay. We played pretend games, made up little plays and Jay did a whole lot of adventuring up some rocks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb