Lavrion to the Aegina (island)


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
June 26th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We pulled anchor early this morning and left Lavrion. I have to say I think it was a nice little port.

We had gyros yesterday for lunch at a little café on the main street, Gunter suggested goat head, but us women were not so enthusiastic.

We sailed today for around six hours, Randi Jo and I taking turns keeping watch at the port helm to avoid any collisions.

We are anchored now in the bay in front of a town on the coast of Aegina. It is a very cute picturesque town, with a church and a nice little fishing harbor. I like it very much. It is too bad we can’t go explore, but we are leaving early in the morning for the Corinth Canal, which is supposed to be spectacular. On the other side of the Canal we will anchor in the bay of Corinth because we all want to explore the ancient ruins of Corinth which are on a plateau behind modern Corinth.

The sunset here is beautiful!! The sun was bright red, with blues and purples playing off the surrounding islands, the lights of the towns glittering up the hillsides. I think I will sleep outside under the stars tonight. I love sailing!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb