Top Deck Trip - Somewhere in Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
July 3rd 2005
Published: July 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone, well im about halfway through my amazing whirlwind Top Deck trip around Europe, havent been away long, but feel like its been a month!!

So far seen Paris, France - Really good, have to go back to see more, Hiked up the Eiffel Tower, views are amazing! saw Monmartre and Sacre Coeur which I loved, did a big wonder around, then had a picnic dinner by the Tower, and a boozy river cruise down the Seine at night, my 'excusie moi monsieur' very authentic (worth 6 months of french lessons!)

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Rreally Really awesome, went up and played in the snow up the Jungfrau mountains, the views are amazing, had heaps of fun with everyone on the trip, because were were staying at a camp site soon became like school camp, lots of antics, lots of cheap swiss beer

Florence, Italy - Really good, was 41 degrees!!!!! and lots of tourists, beautiful place, but have to go back to see all the museumy things, we didnt have the time to wait in line, but did see the Duomo Cathedral, which is absolutely beautiful, and had a big walk around to take in the city which was really good, my 'gracie gracie' is very authentic! 😊 That night had a great meal in town, then on the drive back we turned the coach into a nightclub, lots of bad dancing (mostly by the other kiwi and me, we're the only kiwis with a whole lot of aussies, some americans and koreans, so have to keep up our side!)

Last few days.......... Sailing in Greece, after riding the worlds shakiest greek ferry to get here, have been spending the last few days swimming and sailing in Ionian sea....

Part of an email I just sent....

Im having an absolutely amazing time!! been sailing around Greece the last three days, its soo beautiful, the water is a deep azure blue, theres 5 yachts with around 5 people on each, we motor or sail right out, then let the yachts bob around while we all jump in the sea for a swim.

Have been to four small little ports, can only remember the names of Corfu town, which is awesome, and Mourtos where we just arrived. White washed houses on the hills with poplar trees, yachts in the marina and cool little bars on the seaside.

We're sleeping on the boats, but its been soo hot ive been sleeping on the deck, which is really nice as the stars are soo amazing.

Last night we were in a tiny little fishing village, went to this total authentic greek resturant, drank lots of ouzo and lemon (yum) and did some greek dancing, but some of the greeks got a bit excited, and there was this old greek preist and he started dancing and smashing plates, and then some of them started chucking the chairs into the water (the resturant was on the seaside, and I think it was a good thing they started smashing things!) oh yeah and there was flame throwing and more dancing, these greeks get a bit excited!!

So tonight in Mourtos, gonna be good with the ouzo! then tomorrow more sailing, then we leave the yachts and catch a ferry back to Italy, then onward for the second leg of the trip!

Everyone on the trip are really cool, we all get on well, which is great, have only been away just over a week and it feels like a month.

Quite a few of us have a bad cough (me too, poor me) but our tour leader says its called the Contiki Cough, it happens from travelling together so much on the coach, no worrys the Ouzo seemed to clear it up pretty quickly!!! hehe

Having a blast, and the best thing is that I have no idea what time or day it is! now thats a holiday!

...... Having an awesome time guys! me off to find the others, then I think a cold beer and swimming is in order 😊

Miss you all heaps, a huge CONGRATULATIONS to one of my oldest and bestest buds Nicki and her man Dave who just got engaged 😊

Talk to you all soon!
Aimz



Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb