Santorini beaches


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
June 16th 2015
Published: April 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we took the bus from Fira side to other side of the Island to Perissa. The bus route is through a nice vineyard hill with very nice views of the whole island. Wish we knew and had planned that hike, but there was no time. The other side is less built up with buildings and has a beach. We decided to camp at Perissa camping http://perissa-camping.com/. We were prepared to rent a tent, but found out that this place does not rent tents at all. The only option was to either buy a new tent or stay in a cabin. Since we were set on camping, we ended up buying the tent. There were some people on the campsite, and some looked like they have been living there permanently. The campsite is right on the beach, so the first thing was to go out in the water. The water here had a strange huge long stone near the shore. It was obviously very slippery and made it harder to just stand, and I was worried that as soon as stone ends we will be in deep waters. So no real swimming possible here. We also walked around town to see if we can find any nice day trips.

The evening plan was to take the bus to red beach. It required changing buses from a main road. This was a very nice surprise. Its a bit of walk to the beach, and then you are greeted with big red stone cliff. The beach turned out to be soft and sandy, woohoo! We spent sometime here, swimming, enjoying the sand under our feet. Then walked back to catch the bus back. We had just missed the bus by few minutes, so next one is going to be more than an hour later. We decided to walk and hitchhike. We got ride from a guy who dropped us at the main road from where we could easily get the second bus. Once back, we had some dinner. We found a small place called Gyros Place where we had some greek vegetarian food. It was quite tasty, and later we realised that it is a very popular place. We ate there couple more times. Then it was time to sleep.

Day 2

The day started with wanting to see the sunrise, unfortunately sunrise happens behind a rock, so we could not see it. Being up early had the advantage that we were able to start the hike to a local hill where there were some ancient ruins. The ruins are very ancient, but kind of interesting. It was really windy up there, and you could see views on both sides of the island. A worth hike. After the ruins we headed back, and had time for just one more swim before taking the ferry out of the island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb