Rhodes (Rodos) - A midevil city.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Rhodes
May 15th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Old RhodesOld RhodesOld Rhodes

Wandering around the "mini" streets in Rhodes. Large enough for a person or two and motor bikes. Sometimes, cars would travel down these streets.
Rhodes -
----
Yes. Another dated blog. We are presently on the island of Rhodes (also typed Rodas). It is one of the southern most islands in Greece and is very close to Turkey. The town of Rhodes is located on the island Rhodes.
-----------------------
5/14/09
Lily:
Today I saw a castle were knights lived! It was fun and big! I had the BEST TIME EVER.I GOT VERY HOT. We are right now in Rhodes. It is an island. The knights who lived there were crusaders. A crusader is a knight that went to fight in a holy war. I am having a sad time about leaving Greece, as we are about to go to Turkey. And I am surprised that mom is finishing our Greece information in Turkey, because we didn’t get it all done in Greece.
--
From the town of Rodos, we could see Turkey across the water. There are two different towns, old town and new town. Old town had roads made of stones, and new town had paved roads. The waterfront is new town, where a very busy beach exists. The most elaborate sidewalks had mosaics in them made out of stone.
--
We also went
Rhodes CastleRhodes CastleRhodes Castle

The castle in the old section of rhodes.
to the town of Lindos, and I had a mule ride to the top of the Acropolis.
---------------
Austin:
In Rhodes, we stayed for at one place for 5 nights. In that time period we switched to three rooms because the first one was too noisy, and the second one was going to be rented by someone else. While we were there, we went to the town of Lindos. It is a town with an acropolis.
--
The town of Rhodes is like a maze. The town is old and the streets are only wide enough for people and motorcycles. The streets had cool stone formations. It looked like it took forever to place the stones.
--
There is a castle in the center of Old Rhodes. There is a moat that goes around the town (fortress), and we walked in it, there was no water. We didn’t get wet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

In the CastleIn the Castle
In the Castle

Jon in the Castle in old Rhodes
Looking down the moatLooking down the moat
Looking down the moat

Lily looks down the moat that surrounds the old town of Rhodes.
Old Rhodes dolphinsOld Rhodes dolphins
Old Rhodes dolphins

The port and old town Rhodes.
Donkey RideDonkey Ride
Donkey Ride

Lily takes a donkey ride to get to the top of the Acropolis in Lindos.
St Barts Cove, Lindos RhodesSt Barts Cove, Lindos Rhodes
St Barts Cove, Lindos Rhodes

A small cove we found to swim in near Lindos.
GelatoGelato
Gelato

Some very artistically displayed Gelato (ice cream).


18th May 2009

leaving Greece
Cool gelato! Great greasy hair cuts, guys. See you in Turkey. Let me remind you of one thing you are missing in Maine, while you are gone. Black flies!!! : ) Take care. - Cathy

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb