Paros day 2


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros » Parikia
May 31st 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

ParikiaParikiaParikia

The view across the bay
Tuesday 31st May 2011

Pat popped out first thing and got some bread for our breakfast, which we sat and enjoyed in the sunshine on the balcony.

We had some errands to run before we could get round to enjoying ourselves today. We sorted out our more difficult washing and took this along to the Top laundry on the way in to town and then to the Biddalas supermarket for supplies. We had come prepared with empty back packs so carrying stuff back was no problem.

We sorted out the shopping and then went out to wander the town and see what was about.

A slow amble following the path along the waters edge watching the small fish darting about was very pleasant. At the port area was a cargo vessel called the Calypso loading stuff being continually unloaded on the quayside by lorries, which we sat and watched for a fair while.

Then further road the coast until we reached a windmill at which point we decided to turn back and have a look at the old town.

A quick pit stop for a beer and a coke at a cafe refreshed us and gave us more time to people watch.

Then into the old town very quaint with shops in narrow alleys, very few people about so nice just to look and browse.

Then into the more modern centre and a quick bite to eat at Zorba's with a plate of Gyros, chips tsatziki and bread between us again in the sunshine was wonderful.

We headed back to the studio at a slow amble still and arrived back just after three.

I read somewhere that there is a marble quarry on the island and you only have to look around for a short while to realise that the stuff is utilised everywhere, paving slabs, posts, floors etc.

We went to the laundry at 6 o'clock to pick up our stuff and then showered and changed to eat, leaving around eight.

We went to the Cavo D'oro at the end of the lane where the apartments are situated. No starter, a mixed pasta and a Canadian spicy pizza. The bill came to one euro more than last night and a much poorer restaurant with one less course, didn't impress.

Then a walk in to town again with a visit to the bus station to see the times for a possible trip to Naousa then returning to the room at 1030 pm, a late night for us.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.471s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb