Back in Greece...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
October 9th 2015
Published: October 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I knew it, I knew it! I knew it existed somewhere: the ultimate decadent treat: baklava ice cream.
So here we are now, in Mykonos. We said goodbye to Turkey, flew to Santorini and stayed there for 3 nights.
The first day, we walked to Oia, the village at the northern tip of the island. This is where the sunsets are supposed to be the nicest. Santorini is famous for its sunsets, and for a good reason: it is absolutely like one can imagine: fully romantic, white houses built on the cliffs, with a view on the ocean, the old caldera of the volcano, cruiseships and sail boats in the distance, bougainvillea in full bloom and soft music.
Unfortunately I got a bad cold from too much A/C in Turkey and didn't enjoy it as much as I should have, but at least we went for supper one night, on a beautiful terrace. So romantic, I almost had to ask Melanie to marry me. Just kidding.
Then we took the fast ferry to Mykonos. Wonderful island again, full of tourists but not as intense as in Santorini. Actually, everything here is very laid back, so we adapted to the pace and did very little so far! Beach time, and of course baklava time: this morning, as we walked in the beautiful streets of Mykonos, we found an ice cream shop that sold baklava ice cream. Waw. And it was GOOD. Melanie said the best in the world. I will agree once I eat all the ice cream in the world. Ah ah. But seriously, it was amazing. They also sell homemade baklavas, but after baklava ice cream, baklavas are not necessary. At least not the same day. But we still have a day and a half left in Mykonos...



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 30; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb