Why have 1 glass of wine when you can have 3??


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
June 29th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ladies and gentlemen,
the wine here is so good. I'm in love. I am especially fond of the house white wines, I havn't had a bad one yet! My new favourite meal is a big Gyro pita with lots of tzatiki (sp) sauce and a half litre of wine. Ohhhh it makes me all happy inside and out. Its crazy cause a glass of the house white is normally like 1-2 euros, but you can get a half litre of the house white for like 3-5 euros... So that begs the question stated in my title. Why have one glass when you could have 3, be so happy, and have such a better value?! Ohh I love Greek logic!

So today we are in Mykonos. We were supposed to be here yesterday, but the winds here are CRAZY and our ferry got cancelled, actually all the ferries to Mykonos through out the day got cancelled. So we got another ferry today and have arrived at this paradise island. The ferry ride here was ridiculous, so bitter sweet. Sweet because we got on the boat and there were English movies playing, we watched the 2nd half of Zoolander (!!!) and About a Boy (With hugh, so it was a good ride), bitter because the waves were huge and the boat was small. Meaning I was feeling a little queezy and was stoked to get off the boat. Our bus for Mykonos Camping was waiting for us and we were set to go.
The beach we are on is beautiful. However the restaurants are super expensive and there really isn't much more than a beach. So the local bus is a good thing to get into town, where we are now, to get a good meal, go shopping, internet, tattoos (...possibly...), phoning (didn't even see a pay phone at our beach). The beach is perfect for cutting yourself off from reality and the rest of the world. And also perfect for scoping out boobs and penises sunbathing!
Tomorrow we think we shall join in the sunbathing and swimming in the crystal clear water, looks like some good snorkling for dan too. The next day, probably do a Vespa day around here too explore some more beaches. And I guess we'll just see what the wind wants us to do. The town here is so pretty, and the pelicans here are HUGE. We were walking down to the ocean through a maze of white houses and street, and BAM a pelican that comes up to my waist if not my boobs walks right in front of us. It was crazy, I totally got a picture.
Anyways Dan is looking at tattoos and is beconing me to look with him.... possibly something to comemorate the trip with??
love to all
robyn and dan
xxxx
oooo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb