Confirming your Age


Advertisement
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Ios
July 22nd 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I have never been to such a superficial place as Ios in my travels. Some places you go yeah fair enough but this is like if you are a solo traveller no one really wants you to tag along. When I first started talking to people they’d ask “Are you on your own? Shit good luck! You really need to be part of a group to enjoy this place.” At this point I didn’t say I had just turned 30, 5 days e... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




19th September 2011

never say never
"Life has begun; I am 30 and will never come back to Ios." Mate,trust me,This places like ios where most of the people are young travellers,are the best places for us over 30 :) .You know why ? Because most of these young people are doing a lot of things there because they must,not becuase they like or want it. its a kind of pressure for them to be as much cool as possible. this is the modern global society!. And we who are older can relax more and enjoy all these things in a completely other way. For us there is no "Must",even not on Ios or for example koh phangan in Thailand. There is no pressure for us to be act cool and to try to be something we are not. That's the good thing if you are getting older.You can still go to places like this and you still will have a good time. I'm travelling ,too, around the world ,and I'm 36. I don't care so much about my age. Life is too short to take care about things like that.
5th June 2012

haha this blog made me laugh, I like your attitude. Im going to Ios at the end of July alone, and Im a young girl, I hope I make good friends!!!
5th June 2012

Ios
Yeah you shouldn't have a problem making friends there. Thanks for the comment. Santorini is not far away from Ios if you need a break from the party.
5th June 2012

Ios
Yeah you shouldn't have a problem making friends there. Thanks for the comment. Santorini is not far away from Ios if you need a break from the party.
6th June 2012

I got a little nervous when you said people aren't usually too welcoming to solo travelers when they're in groups haha I really hope thats not the case too much. I really like the sound of the rock bar! and slammer bar:)

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb