Ios


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Ios
August 10th 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

NatNatNat

Nat chilling out on the balcony at our first hotel

Ios


Friday 10th - Saturday 18th August



Ios is a party island so armed with out Santorini Tans we hit the beach and the clubs for some fun. We spent the first 5 nights at some accommodation near the Port, then 2 nights at Far Out Village which is the main beach followed by 2 nights at Francesco´s in the village where the bars & clubs are.

It took us a while to get used to Ios time as you don´t have dinner until 11pm-1am, you don´t hit the bars until 1am-2am, everything gets going at about 3am-4am and you party till dawn. We all became experts at sleeping twice a day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Ios PortIos Port
Ios Port

They had this green street light which made for an awesome photo..
DawnDawn
Dawn

This photo was taken at dawn as we walked down the stairs from the village at the top of the hill to our accommodation near the Port.
ShelShel
Shel

We went to an awesome mexican restaurant called Harmony on Far Out Beach. They had great live music, using the kitchen staff for back up vocals and percussion. This restaurant looks like it just fell out of Byron Bay!
HarmonyHarmony
Harmony

Sarah on the swings at the bar
HarmonyHarmony
Harmony

David & JO posing in the hammocks at Harmony
Drinks at Astral BarDrinks at Astral Bar
Drinks at Astral Bar

Astral Bar was our first stop for pre drinks before we hit the clubs.
Out in IosOut in Ios
Out in Ios

We spent most of our time in a club called Rehab tying to avoid the Italians!
Francesco´sFrancesco´s
Francesco´s

The view from the balcony of our hostel. Not bad hey?
StowawaysStowaways
Stowaways

Somehow the 4 of us managed to get onto the wrong ferry from Ios to Mykonos. We got on to find that we were actually going to Athens. 8 hours later we finally arrived in Mykonos! oops!


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb