Christmas in Kiato


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese
December 28th 2007
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I was privileged to enjoy Christmas with in great company (Diana and her Greek-Australian friend Nancy) in a coastal town on the Peloponnesian Peninsula in Greece. As well as hosting a fine feast for Christmas Day, Nancy managed to show us remarkable amount of Peloponnesia including the ruin of ancient Mycenae, sites associated with Hercules, an ancestral village or hers in the hills and Nafplio on the South side, dominated by the Venetian Palamidi Fortress.

We then returned to Athens where Di and I threw ourselves with gusto into seeing archaeological sites and museums while Nancy returned to work. It was very moving to see the Parthenon, and the many other signs of history that litter the landscape in this remarkable city. Finally, I clambered back aboard my BA flight to Heathrow, only to catch another one to Hong Kong! My flight to Athens had been memorable with fantastic views of the Alps and of Greece itself with a stunning approach into Athens from the South. The trip back to London was also memorable for views of the Venetian lagoon and Northern Italy.




Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb