My first blog...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey kids,

The level of masturbation has just increased - with a blog...

Ok - can't remember where we left of last - but Maldives were pretty insane, amazing clear warm blue water with crazy coral. Met a few dutchies on the flight out - they liked a drink, worked out well. Drank our way though a midnight flight and arrived in dubai around 5am - with a disgusting hangover...

Somehow found a dingy little hotel in old Dubai and crashed out for the morning. Spent four days around Dubai. Teresa wore a skirt and t-shirt to blend in a little better with the burkas (ok there weren't that many, but around 3000% more than I've seen around Bay City Plaza), I just wore shorts and t-shirt - as it was in the high 30's each day. Did the desert safari - minimal sand in my pants. Did Ski Dubai - stacked it on the last ride. Teresa says she did very well... Went to an insane water park - water should've had a "do not drink" warning.

Onto Greece - flew into Athens in the afternoon. Was a cracking day in the high 20s - much nicer! We stayed in a backpackers in Plaka - just underneath the Acropolis. Have been eating at least one Gyros per day (a mini-kebab type of thing) - secret to the Greek figure.

The Athens Acropolis was pretty insane - for those of you who haven't seen my retainer walls.

Spent a week going through the Greek islands with a couple of aussies and yanks from Athens (all giving bad names to their countries) - Mykonos, Paros, Ios, and Santorini. All were beautiful - especially Santorini (pity about the f'n storm and freezin weather). Ios was a cracker (weather and a big night out) - Teresa made short work of a few beers and half a bottle of smirnoff blue, but apparently it was the Gyros that made her rather sick and caused a very early departure. Luckily we had a second night in Ios to prove ourselves to the emerging alco's (Joel, Tom, Kailen, and Paul - hope the livers are still functioning boys).

In the Peleponese at the moment - very nice, but totally different to the islands, lots more ruins and old stuff. A few more days driving around here (yep, got a hire car - giving it a workin around the mountains and amongst the mad greek drivers).

Will attach a few pix when we get them off the camera/figure out how to get them on this thing.

peace out,

steve + teresa


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb