The view


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Nafplion
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

That will pretty much some up the visit to the coast of Nafplio. It was just awe inspiring view of the city. Ok, let me back up a minute. So, we caught the bus to the coast which took 2.5 hours and was honestly for most of the trip there, wasn't too scenic. It's not till we got there had some lunch along the coast and decided to to see the fortress that sat ontop of mountain that the view overwhelmed me. It can accessed by taxi, or if you want to take the 800 + steps if you want dare try. Most of you know i would opt for the stairs but our time there was short due to the last bus leaving by 8. So, in the land that created democracy Alicia and I came to a mutual decision of a cab to get there and taking the steps down. The fortress was huge and unlike most monuments, this one allowed you to explore it all, no can't touch this, can't go here cause it's roped off bologna. So, as Alicia described in her email it was basically a big playground for kids as there were small places to explore, crawl through holes, etc. Was awesome, then we went down to the beach and had a couple beers, mind you it wasn't too comfortable as it was not a sand beach but a rock beach.

We then caught the bus and went back to Athens. Then back to our favorite restaurant for what else? Our greek salad and spicy chilis!!! Damn, that could be all i have every day and i would be a happy man!!! We then went back to the apt. cracked into the cheap wine i bought in a plastic water bottle (no joke!) and then called it a night...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb