On the Beach and loving it.


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese » Kyparissia
May 24th 2008
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick update....
We made our way into Greece sucessfully and managed to get to the camp on the very confusing greek trains with the help of a few very nice locals! We are now at our camp right by the water, we can here the waves on the beach from our tents. There is alot of work to be down around camp, washing, setting up, cutting bamboo, marking out the beach, preparing grids and soon we will be starting morning and night surveys wher we will walk the beaches and in morning survey watch for turtle tracks and nests. On night survey we will be taking measurements of the turltes and tagging them if they have not been already. There are mountains around us and the water is turquoise blue.
The food here is amazing! I am learning a little greek and am brushing off the rust on my french as one of the other volunteers is from France. Our camp is very fun, we generally use three languages at all times intermingled somewhat. It will be fun when the girl from Germany get here as we may be ableto add another language to the list!
We are now in Kyparissia the larger town we go in to for groceries once a week.. Saturday is market day and we are all pumped for hav a fresh supply of fruit and veggies again.
Here the water is warm, the sun is hot and the nights are cool.
Hope all is well with you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb