Zakynthos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Zakynthos
July 16th 2011
Published: May 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Whether the receptionist girl, M. and I will go to Zakynthos today was indefinite as recently she fell sick from the food they gave us in the hotel. Her stomach is so sensitive to every single dish that it doesn't matter what she eats, it will come out soon. Besides, she was unable to swap her night shift - she finished at 7am and we departed at 7.30am to Skala...

The trip was breath-taking and I would have regretted if I hadn't gone for it. I let the pictures talk instead of me.



We got back at 3.30pm. I got sunburned, again, and the whole day was really tiring because we were outside under the sun all day. The air is really humid and you're not only sweating from your face and your back... no, you're sweating from your neck and there's water running down even on your legs! It's not humanly but that's how it was...



First we went to the famous shipwreck in the Bay - you know, the picture you can see all over the internet taken from the air. The shipwreck seems to be made of wood but it's actually made of iron and it carried tobacco and medicine to the Greeks.

We spent around 15 minutes there, you could swim there if you wanted but M. felt so sick that she didn't even bring a swimsuit with herself, so I wasn't swimming there either. Anyways, taking pictures of everything there basically used up all the free time we had there - the horns were blown and we continued our journey to the Blue Caves.

It was fabulous and suddenly our small boat stopped at the caves and the captain said that we're going to stay here for 20 minutes - everyone is free to enjoy the sea to swim! Right there!!! It was so mesmerizing that I already imagined how would it be like to swim there but they even asked you to do that!

I have no idea how deep the water was, I tried to guess it as I unintentionally left my diving goggles in the room... Typical. It looked 5-6 meters deep.

They say that there are seals hiding in the caves and I wanted to swim inside but the I looked down and it seemed like the cave is continuing under the water and... well, it scared me so I swam back...

Then we headed to Alykes and stayed there for 2 hours. It's nice, sleepy town just like Skala. It was full of olive trees, palm trees, pines and Mediterranean houses which were usually restaurants, taverns. The actual houses where people lived in where poorer and unfinished.

The boat as you will see was really small and we could hardly imagine how all of us will fit in there and M. wanted to sit outside or near the air so she would feel better. We managed to find a place although there were no free seats.

The bottom of the boat was made of glass to see the turquoise color of the sea, otherwise we saw nothing but stones and pebbles on the way. It was a fantastic experience!



MAGYARUL - IN HUNGARIAN




Kérdéses volt, ma megyünk-e Zakynthosra, mivel az itteni kajától a román recepciós lány gyenge gyomra teljesen elromlott, és bármit eszik, azonnal kijön belőle. Emellett éjszakai műszakban volt és reggel 7-kor végzett. Mi fél 8-kor indultunk el Skalába.
A kirándulás gyönyörű volt, nagyon sajnáltam volna, ha nem megyek el rá. A képek beszédesebbek - fél 4-re értünk vissza.
Jól leégtem, ismét, nagyon fárasztó volt - most is a bárból írok, egyelőre még bírom, de irdatlan hőség van.
Párás a levegő és úgy izzadsz, hogy nemcsak az arcodról vagy a hátadról szakad a víz, hanem konkrétan a nyakadon, a lábadon csorog a víz! Nem normális dolog, de ez van...

Először a hajóroncshoz vitt el minket az amúgy üvegaljú hajó - a roncs állítólag gyógyszert és dohányt szállított a görögöknek, és teljesen fémből van, nem fából, ahogy azt először hinné az ember.
Ott kb. 15 percet voltunk, lehetett fürdeni is, de a M. (recepciós) annyira rosszul volt, hogy fürdőruhát se hozott, így a roncsnál én nem fürödtem. Különben is elment az idő a fényképezéssel, mire végeztem, már fújták is a kürtöt, hogy indulunk tovább.

Ez után az ún. Blue Caves (Kék Barlangok) következett, ahol videót is készítettem, de csak otthon tudom megmutatni, ide nem tudom felrakni. Gyönyörű volt és egyszer csak a kishajó megállt, miközben meséltek a barlangokról és a kapitány közölte, hogy megállunk 20 percre, hogy úszhassunk. Ott helyben!!!
Annyira szemet gyönyörködtető volt, hogy az ember azonnal be akart ugrani, de hogy még meg is engedik! Úgyhogy a pici kis üvegaljú hajóról akkora csobbanások voltak...

Nem tudom, milyen mély volt a víz, próbáltam megsaccolni, mert a búvárszemüveget persze a szobámban hagytam. Jellemző. Olyan 5-6 méter lehetett maximum. Állítólag a barlangokban fókák bujkálnak, majdnem beúsztam, aztán lenéztem, és olyan volt (de valójában nyilván nem), mintha lefelé folytatódna a barlang, és hát, na. Megijedtem és visszaúsztam.

Aztán Alykesben álltunk meg 2 órára, aranyos kisváros, álmoska, mint Skala, de nagyon kedves. Tele olajfákkal, pálmafákkal, fenyőkkel, mediterrán házakkal amik általában éttermek, tavernák - a lakóházak meg félkészek és teljesen más típusúak. Szegényesnek mondanám, de így is görög.

A hajó, majd látjátok, nagyon pici volt, nehezen képzeltük el, hogy mindenki felfér, ráadásul, mint azt már említettem, nem volt túl jól, és levegőre szeretett volna ülni. Na most, ülőhely se volt, de valahova befészkeltük magunkat.
A hajó alján, ahol egy keskeny sávban üveg volt, menet közben csak a türkizkék tengert lehetett látni, semmi mást, mikor megálltunk, akkor pedig köveket, kavicsokat. Nem baj, hatalmas élmény volt, talán a legszebb az ittlétem alatt.
Nagyon sok képet szeretnék feltenni, kétszázat sikerült csinálnom. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb