Day 32


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Kefalonia
October 8th 2010
Published: October 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 32

At 7:30am Lisa, Jen, Isabelle and I had planned to meet up and walk down to the great little café we found to write our exam; which meant I hesitantly woke up at 6:50am. We all met in Lisa’s room, trying to make as little noise as possible and headed down to write our exam around 8am. We settled into the café, grabbed a Nescafe each and Jen started to write her exam, with the 3 of us frantically searching the answers in our books and helping her all we could. She ended up with 91% and Isabelle and I wrote it second and we scored 98%, having learned from her mistakes. Lastly Lisa wrote her exam and scored 99%, the only wrong answer being something we believe to be a mistake on the other end.

Once the stress of it all was totally over at 10:30am, we celebrated by grabbing a pastry for lunch (I got a spanikopita) and paid for our Nescafes. We slowly walked back to the apartments, Jen got very little sleep the night before so she took a nap back at home, while the three of us quickly changed and went to the beach to enjoy some sun and rest. We were pretty exhausted but it was tough to fall asleep at the beach today. Instead we ended up talking and Lisa left again after an hour or so at the beach. Isabelle and I stayed till about 3:30pm and then we headed back to the apartments.

After changing again, the two of us went for an hour long run along the beach boardwalk. We were able to run till our hearts content and so we pushed each other harder than when we run with the big group. So by the end of it we had run for a full hour, with breaks, and stretched along the boardwalk when it started to spit a little. It was nice and refreshing, so we cooled down a bit with stretches then walked back to the apartments. I was finally able to take a shower and then we all met up at 5pm at Steph’s room to watch the lastest (3rd) episode of ‘Glee’. It was the really sad episode with Kirk’s dad in a coma, and it was a real estrogen-filled sob-fest.

When the tears had dried, Isabelle came back with me to my room. We cooked the leftover frozen ground beef I had defrosted last night, and plan on eating it with spaghetti on Sunday when we return from Olympia (our trip starts tomorrow and lasts overnight) and we don’t want the meat to go bad before that. At about 6:50pm we headed down to the Hercules building for another pizza and movie night, it was postponed yesterday because we went to Argostoli, so we were rewarded with it today! We watched ‘The Princess Bride’ and I had about 5 pieces (it was just 1 too many, so I’m ballooning now) of the ‘special’ pizza. It’s basically a pizza with cheese, mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, onion and ham I believe? It was delicious! And I was pretty tired so I tried to pay attention to the movie, but it wasn’t quite my taste of movie. Regardless it was better than our first movie night and it was nice to spend time as a group.

At the end of the movie, there was about 6 boxes of pizza left so we brought them back home to refrigerate and bring with us on our bus ride tomorrow morning. Isabelle and I helped to bring the empty pizza boxes to the dumpster before heading home. Once we got home, I started to pack for our overnight trip and went to bed. What a day! Very fulfilling and utterly tiring!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb